PC Chancel Choir
RPC’s music ministry thrives due to the many volunteers who contribute time and talent. Singing in the Chancel Choir is a highly visible path of service that models a life of discipleship. Some specific information is printed below:
- The Chancel Choir sings each Sunday of the program year (approx. nine months), on the great festivals of the church year, and for occasional concerts or other services.
- September 18 is the first Sunday of the 2016-2017 program year on which the full choir will lift its voice in worship.
- The typical commitment is to be present on Sundays for warm-up at 9:15 a.m., for singing in the 10:00 a.m. service, and for a rehearsal from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Note there is time for all to enjoy fellowship at coffee hour following the conclusion of the 10:00 a.m. service.)
- A few rehearsals will take place on Thursday evenings, these to allow for more focus on music for Cantata Sunday and Holy Week
- Ability to identify simple notations of pitch and rhythm makes for ease of progress in rehearsal; but, those who do not yet know the “language” of music, yet are able to match and maintain pitch, are most welcome to give it a try.
- The Chancel Choir is blessed to have section leaders who assist and help to inspire all singers.
Jason Charneski, Director of Music and Organist, will be pleased to answer questions about your involvement in any aspect of RPC’s music ministry. Please speak with him in person, call him at 967-0842, ext. 16, or send him an e-mail: .